Director AI Platform
SCIENCE & STARTUPS is launching an AI Platform and is looking for a founding director!
The platform will translate research and innovation in the field of artificial intelligence into scalable startups, especially by linking AI to other research and application fields like quantum technologies, life sciences or material sciences. The main goal is the creation of impactful, successful, and scalable startups which tackle the challenges of today and the future.
Under SCIENCE & STARTUPS, the startup services of the Berlin University Alliance join their forces. The research performed by the Alliance is making Berlin one of Europe’s leading hubs of knowledge, research, and innovation. The three Berlin universities and the medical school Charité draw well-known scholars, researchers, scientists, and innovators from all over the world while also serving as a breeding ground for outstanding next-generation talents. With more than 100.000 students and 20.000 researcher the Alliance is an innovation powerhouse.
SCIENCE & STARTUPS provides a gateway and an access to the resources of the Alliance to successfully foster entrepreneurship. Those resources include intellectual property, labs, incubator and maker space, scientific mentors, co-founders, trainings, or grants. SCIENCE & STARTUPS works with exceptional entrepreneurs, whose ideas will shape the future. With over 600 supported startups and thousands of created jobs the members of SCIENCE & STARTUPS are a catalyst of innovation and economic growth.
The AI Platform is operated by Humboldt-Innovation GmbH for SCIENCE & STARTUPS. Humboldt-Innovation is a 100% subsidiary of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
With an initial funding for the next 4 years the platform has significant resources to become a successful enabler for AI based startups and to build a sustainable business model.
- Drive, Passion, Responsibility
- Several years of experience in an executive position, ideally in the area of business development or innovation management
- Several years of experience and a strong network in the field of AI, venture capital would be a plus
- Several years and strong experience in stakeholder engagement
- Ability to build, develop and manage a team
- Result-focused, data-driven, and hands-on mentality
- Experience in scaling business models, either in a start-up or a corporate setting
- Outstanding communication and networking skills
- Native or fluent German and fluent English
- Execute on the platforms vision and goals
- Development and implementation of concepts, strategies, and brand
- Responsibility for growth and sustainability of the platform, including the development of revenue streams
- Establishment, development, and management of a qualified team
- Interface to all stakeholders of the platform
- Reporting to SCIENCE & STARTUPS board and HI Managing Director
- Build and expand the stakeholder network and develop the AI ecosystem
- Improve framework conditions for AI startups, especially in the field of funding
- Identify entrepreneurs and drive them forward
- Support the development of Berlins AI Campus
- A unique position to translate outstanding research and innovation into startups
- A chance to shape the future of AI in Germany
- Responsibility, creative freedom, and challenges
- Close cooperation with research, industry, investors, and government
- HQ at the new AI Campus Berlin
- Attractive compensation package
- A mission that matters
- A large community of people from science, industry, politics, and society supporting you
- Limitless sources for your inspiration and thinking
You are encouraged to apply as we want to enrich the AI ecosystem as soon as possible. This announcement will remain open until a sufficient candidate pool has been attained, latest 16.04.2021.
Please send your application with the reference “Director AI”, your salary expectations and your earliest starting date in a single PDF file to
+49 30 209370760
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) here: https://humboldt-innovation.de/de/transparenzerklaerung-fuer-bewerbungen
To ensure equal opportunities, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply.
Humboldt-Innovation values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.