4Campus – Idea competition for students
4Campus – Ideas Competition 2023 is coming up!
4Campus is an idea competition for students – we award the best startup ideas and entrepreneurial solution proposals with attractive prize money and a broad range of support services at the startup centers of our network partners FU, HU and TU Berlin, as well as Charité.
Why should you participate? There are a lot of reasons why participating in 4Campus is a good idea:
- Maybe you don’t know if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. But you want to try and work in a team with your friends and fellow students – this is your chance!
- Maybe you think your idea could change the world, if only more people knew about it.
- Participating in or winning idea competitions are also a fun way to boost your CV and impress those future employers!
Get all the details you need to know:
Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com!
Win startup support & cash prizes
The universities support the best ideas with an extensive support package and attractive prize money. In the final pitches, the audience will choose the winner and two runners-up. First three places can win attractive cash prizes!
- 1st place – 500€
- 2nd place – 300€
- 3rd place – 200€
Support for your idea and team will be provided at your own university. What we offer to the winning teams for a duration of at least 6 months:
- A desk in one in a coworking space you/your team, also access to technical equipment and a prototype workshop
- Individual consulting and exclusive qualification workshops
- Active integration into the communities of the startup networks of Science & Startups and Berlin
How does it work?
Please send your idea as a short pitch video (3 min. max) as a WeTransfer file to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use your university e-mail address as a return address
- Describe your idea in the video: What is it, what is new and great about it, what problem could it solve for whom
- Don’t forget: Please state your name(s), a team name if you have one, your university/universities as well as your major (bachelor or master) in the text space
After you submit your pitch video, a jury will pick the best ideas and upload them to our YouTube channel. The pitch videos with the most likes will be selected for the final pitch show and will be invited for the coaching day (pitch training). On the 27th June you will pitch in front of an expert jury as well as your friends, family and fans! A public vote amongst all guests decides the wi
- May 17 – May 31: Application period “Call for video pitches”
- June 02 – June 18: Youtube-Voting phase
- June 27: Top 5 pitches and award ceremony
Terms of participation
All students of the Berlin universities FU, HU and TU Berlin, and Charité who are not yet in their final year can participate.
Please note the following terms of participation:
- Individual or team applications are possible.
- Submissions in German and English are possible.
- The idea cannot already have been object of another company.
- The idea must be developed independently by the participants and must not infringe the rights of third parties.
- Team name and short description may be published on the websites social media channels of the universities, their startup support units and Science & Startups
- The competitors are ready to pitch their ideas at the final event (June 27th 2023, 6pm) and to participate in the press work.
- At least one representative from each winner’s team has to be able to participate in the award ceremony and pitch the idea to the audience.
The decision of the jury is final, any legal action is precluded.
Winners of past editions of 4Campus
Winners of 2022 – 1st place: WannSea
WannSEA is a student project of TU and FU Berlin that aims at inventing and constructing a zero-emission boat using renewable energies and circular economy materials. With this boat we would like to participate in the Monaco Energy Boat Challenge in July 2023. The 500€ prize money they will invest chips for our boat, for marketing and much more. Learn more.
Winners of 2022 – 2nd place: MEDlingo
MED.lingo is an app that not only translates health reports but also assists you in booking doctoral appointments in foreign countries without speaking the country’s language – perfect for Berlin, right?
Winners of 2022 – 3rd place: Varia Lana
Varia Lana is a platform where clothing is sustainably produced on demand in Germany using 3D knitting processes – no more excess clothing production!
Winners of 2021 – 1st place: Park-Cy
With PARK-Cy, we are combatting the everyday challenge of a regular city bike user. We resolve the following challenges such as Bike Damage & Theft, Lack of Organized Parking, and sense of insecurity in the users. This makes the streets much organized and easy to use for all types of users in the city. Users do not have to invest and carry the Useless heavy locks, and the city will look much more organized and orderly.
PARK-Cy is an innovative solution combining – Locking technology and Mobile App based User Interface to provide secured parking service for Bikes in city Parking lots. also provide additional services like bike repair and E-bike charging at these locations. Learn more.
Winners of 2021 – 2nd place: Checkademia
Checkademia is the digital study choice coach for all prospective students in Germany. Our goal is to inspire prospective students and support them in their decision-making process in order to maximize the number of satisfied students and at the same time to sustainably reduce the incredibly high dropout rate of around 30%. We offer exciting content, interactive online courses and an exclusive community for exchanging ideas on the topic of choosing a course of study. In addition, through our AI-based recommendation algorithm, the latest technological achievements are used for the first time in the context of study and career choice. With the help of Checkademia, everyone will know what and where to study in the future!
Winners of 2021 – 3rd place: Hydro2X
The idea of Hydro2X is to harness the increasingly frequent forced curtailments in electricity production by renewable energies by converting them into green hydrogen on site. Due to the irregularity of such events and because the sale and timely removal of the hydrogen is outside the core competencies of independent power producers, energy is so often lost because power producers usually forego it because of the extra work outside their core competencies. These tasks are to be taken over by Hydro2X, i.e. the remote monitoring of the irregular hydrogen production, the sale of the hydrogen via a dedicated auction platform and the timely transport and transport to the end customer. The electricity producer does not incur any administrative or personnel expenses, and they receive the profit generated less a percentage levy on Hydro2X.
Winners of 2020: Tutorhelden
With our idea, we intend to create a secure and barrier-free platform that functions according to the motto according to the motto “from students for students”. Since there is no satisfactory possibility to give or take tutoring as a student, we would like to offer this possibility free of charge with the development of our website. At the moment we are in the starting blocks and are just looking for a suitable funding opportunity to be able to implement our idea in a timely manner. Learn more.
This competition is being organized by the network partners of Science & Startups – Humboldt-Universität & Humboldt-Innovation, Profund Innovation from Freie Universität Berlin, Centre for Entrepreneurship of TU Berlin, and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
Another partner is the Digital Entrepreneurship Hub from Freie Universität Berlin: The DEH is the central point of contact for start-up teaching and start-up research at Freie Universität Berlin. DEH systematically promotes exchange between research at FU Berlin and startup ecosystems in Berlin, the EU, and worldwide. At the intersection of digitization and entrepreneurship with direct research relevance, the DEH is unique in Berlin.
Privacy Notes (German) here.