Research to Market Challenge
The Science & Startups Competition for research-based business ideas!
Does your research have the potential to be a product or service that people and companies have just been waiting for? Could it be more than a publication? Do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Test your idea, challenge yourself, and apply to win our Research to Market Challenge.
- Learn how to develop your research-based idea into a viable business model!
- Learn which options for commercialization or other applications of your idea exist and how to get the support you need.
- Gain insights into the entrepreneurial network of Berlin’s universities.
- Meet experts, valuable contacts in business and finance, as well as other entrepreneurial minded people during the workshops and award ceremony – kickstart your career!
- Win amazing cash prizes and valuable support to transform your research and idea into a startup.
The most important steps for any startup are getting your thoughts about a potential product or business out of your head, on to paper, and into an actionable plan for the first steps. With our Research to Market Challenge, we want to help you through this process and show you how to figure out what you might achieve and what you will need in terms of support.
In this two-stage competition, experts will evaluate your idea and business model and help you develop it further. The winners and runners-up in our three categories “Digital & Technologies”, “Life Sciences & Health”, and “Cultural & Social”, as well as in the special category of “Artificial Intelligence” (2022 only!) can win cash prizes with a total value of 11,000 euros. What are you waiting for?